The Development Coordinator (DC) for the Family Justice Center (FJC) will be accountable for a variety of fundraising activities
for the organization working hand in hand with the Executive Director, the Director of Operations and the Sustainability Team
in collaboration with the Board of Directors. This includes active charge of the FJC’s annual Voices Ending Violence breakfast
and Fall Mosaic fundraiser along with development of new initiatives and programs to generate short and long term
sustainable revenue streams.
- Plan and implement a comprehensive development program including annual and planned giving programs, direct mail campaigns, strategic special events and capital campaigns as needed.
- Conduct prospect research and maintain prospect files for individuals, corporations, foundations and groups who have the capacity and strategic alignment to support the FJC through charitable gifts and grants.
- Along with the Executive Director, Director of Operations and Strategic Planning Team, plan and coordinate grant development activities directed to local and national foundations and agencies. Assist Director of Operations in coordinating on-going development activities aimed at local, state and national government agencies.
- Establish and administer donor recognition programs and develop potential naming and gift recognition opportunities for various interest areas and levels of giving.
- Maintain an ongoing donor relations program. Plan and execute donor cultivation activities and events. Develop individual donor cultivation and solicitation plans, coordinate activities for the Executive Director and Board members for securing contributions. Manage donor tracking software program.
- Professionally represent the FJC in the community, participate in community events and actively seek ways to increase presence of the agency in the community.
- With the Executive Director and the Public Awareness Committee, develop regular communications about agency goals, programs and services.
- Responsible for the FJC web site, Facebook and Twitter pages and regular newsletters. Generates an annual report for external communication.
- This is a full time position.
- Must possess strong public speaking
- Exceptional written, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years development experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of domestic violence, courts, Dept. Of Social Services and community agencies
- Have extensive knowledge of local and statewide Domestic Violence resources
- Highly organized and very effective time management skills
- Able to multi-task, respond to rapidly changing situations; organize, prioritize, and perform work with minimal supervision
- Able to work in a team and independently
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle for transportation required
Resumes should be sent to Mary Murphy, FJC Executive Director: email@example.com