The Development Coordinator (DC) for the Family Justice Center (FJC) will be accountable for a variety of fundraising activities
for the organization working hand in hand with the Executive Director, the Director of Operations and the Sustainability Team
in collaboration with the Board of Directors. This includes active charge of the FJC’s annual Voices Ending Violence breakfast
and Fall Mosaic fundraiser along with development of new initiatives and programs to generate short and long term
sustainable revenue streams.
- Plan and implement a comprehensive development program including annual and planned giving programs, direct mail campaigns, strategic special events and capital campaigns as needed.
- Conduct prospect research and maintain prospect files for individuals, corporations, foundations and groups who have the capacity and strategic alignment to support the FJC through charitable gifts and grants.
- Along with the Executive Director, Director of Operations and Strategic Planning Team, plan and coordinate grant development activities directed to local and national foundations and agencies. Assist Director of Operations in coordinating on-going development activities aimed at local, state and national government agencies.
- Establish and administer donor recognition programs and develop potential naming and gift recognition opportunities for various interest areas and levels of giving.
- Maintain an ongoing donor relations program. Plan and execute donor cultivation activities and events. Develop individual donor cultivation and solicitation plans, coordinate activities for the Executive Director and Board members for securing contributions. Manage donor tracking software program.
- Professionally represent the FJC in the community, participate in community events and actively seek ways to increase presence of the agency in the community.
- With the Executive Director and the Public Awareness Committee, develop regular communications about agency goals, programs and services.
- Responsible for the FJC web site, Facebook and Twitter pages and regular newsletters. Generates an annual report for external communication.
- This is a full time position.
- Must possess strong public speaking
- Exceptional written, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years development experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of domestic violence, courts, Dept. Of Social Services and community agencies
- Have extensive knowledge of local and statewide Domestic Violence resources
- Highly organized and very effective time management skills
- Able to multi-task, respond to rapidly changing situations; organize, prioritize, and perform work with minimal supervision
- Able to work in a team and independently
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle for transportation required
Resumes should be sent to Mary Murphy, FJC Executive Director: email@example.com
In just a few short weeks, the Family Justice Center will be hosting our annual Mosaic event on October 19th from 5:30 until 8:30 pm at Lakeward Spirits located at 65 Vandalia Street, Buffalo. Mosaic – a celebration of everything Buffalo – is the Center’s family-friendly, Buffalo-loving event that has a lot in store for everyone!
This year’s festivities have found a new home at Lakeward Spirits, which is located at the 114 year old historic Barrel Factory in the City’s Old First Ward. The Distillery is the perfect back drop for the Buffalo-themed event that is designed to showcase all that we love about Buffalo, including new local businesses like Lakeward Spirits, that have been key in the “re-birth of Buffalo.”
In addition to the new venue, Mosaic 2017 will include food and drink provided by a variety of local restaurants, local entertainment, chances to win a Buffalo Bills experience with John Murphy, a silent and live auction that will include incredible travel packages like a Sonoma Valley Wine excursion, a U.S. Open Golf Tournament Package, and a hands-on culinary experience at Le Cordon Bleu Ottawa, and so much more. You can even take a chance on our Wine Wheel!
Don’t miss out on the fun and get your tickets today. You can order them online at our website, www.fjcsafe.org, or by contacting Sue Fumanti at 558-5283.